Our coffee harvesting process benefits villages and high school children in Surin who help clean and process the coffee beans. Black Ivory Coffee benefits the villages and Mahouts giving them a steady income source that is much higher than the traditional logging, tourism or ceremonial work they may be limited to.
Our elephants live in villages in Thailand's Surin Province and the coffee cherries are transported from Chiang Mai. Only the sweetest, choicest cherries are chosen for the elephants to consume and separate. We then sort and select only the best beans from the elephants, clean them and roast them to order. The process is completely natural to protect the environment and draw out all the natural and characteristic flavors of the delicate coffee beans.
Black Ivory Coffee has a special complex body, with tastes of chocolate, tamarind, and spices. The all-natural refining process, superior Thai Arabica beans and comfortable conditions for the elephants, give it a sweetness and tea-like consistency, in contrast to any regular roasted coffee. It is one of the most interesting and unmistakable drinks you will ever taste and particularly with the infusion of quality Rum. Try it at least once in your life.
About this item
- ???? Coffee lovers and Foodies, those with a taste for the exceptional. Try this elephant coffee at least once in your lifetime. It is digested and refined by Elephants to give the most naturally fermented and sweet coffee beans. Similar to how Luwak coffee is made but without the cruelty to civets and counterfeit imitations. Our elephants are all family members and as such pampered with love, nutritious diets and daily baths to give the smoothest coffee you will have ever tasted.
- ???? Enjoy the taste of real indulgence, Naturally refined, Naturally expensive. you won't get any other coffee experience like this, that's why it is the most expensive coffee in the world. Annual limits on production and until now primarily served in 5-star resorts but available and in stock now on Amazon. We roast the beans to order and warehousing is kept to an absolute minimum to ensure maximum freshness of your coffee when it reaches your table.
- ???? Our elephants live in villages in Thailand's protected Surin Province, and the coffee cherries are transported from Chiang Mai. Only the sweetest ripest coffee cherries are hand-selected for the elephants to eat and break down. Once the bean has traveled through the elephant's body, we sort and select only the best, clean them and roast them to order. The process is entirely natural to protect the environment and bring out all the natural flavors and aromas of the delicate coffee beans.
- ???? Black Ivory Coffee has a complex and unique taste, with hints of chocolate, tamarind, and spices. But because of the natural fermentation process, the premium quality Arabica coffee and beautiful environment for the elephants, it has sweetness and tea-like consistency, unlike any regular coffees. It is one of the most distinctive cups you will ever experience.
- ???? Socially responsible coffee production, where communities and farmers benefit from your coffee drinking. Through sustainable farming of coffee cherries in Chiang Mai and economic activity for elephant care-givers and local high school children in community projects in Surin. Importantly, a percentage of our profits are given to the Golden Triangle Asian Elephant Foundation to educate, protect and improve the lives of elephants in Northern Thailand.